Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year to all.

does anyone want to know how I spent my last day of 2009?

Joshua and Titus came over. play pool, swim, watch movie. so fun!

Joshua didn't stay over, Titus did.

but otherwise, everything was normal. just one thing out of place. just one thing.

2009 came and went ridiculously fast. Sure it was full of ups and downs from top to bottom, sure it's been a great year for some and rotten for others. Sure it's a year when some people landed themselves in paradise, the lap of luxury, in success; sure it's a year when some people landed themselves in some stinking boiling trouble. we've got the economic downturn. we've got a lot of attention-catching headlines.

--Rest in peace, MJ--


so what? it was still a fast ride. so fast, it felt so fast, it felt so fast to the point that I feel that for the whole of 2009, it was too fast for me to achieve anything.

and then there was the countdown.

I watched it from my bedroom with Titus and my cousin without feeling much. After all, my grandma was spoiling the mood fast; she incessantly told me to wash up. and i didn't want to miss the damn countdown. she is a dear old lady, i can say that much; but at times she's just so stubborn. she has the energy, at her age, to throw tantrums, to make herself heard in a large, crowded room, and...and...heavens know what else she can do.

Power to Granny, I say.

Granny aside, I went to wash up at 23:48 in the night of 31st december 2009 (according to my phone clock) and rushed right back in front of the TV so I wouldn't miss the countdown.

10.

9.

8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

And the celebrations started.

It felt so surreal. Even though we've left 2009 behind us, I don't feel ready for 2010. I felt as if I still had to do something before I went on to 2010.

but it's real and it's in my face. 5 seconds to 2010. what more can you do in 2009? just count down to 2010 with the rest of Singapore I suppose.

I didn't feel ready for 2010.

I didn't feel ready for O levels.

And i still down feel ready.

Screw O levels. screw it all.

I excuse myself for the bathroom. and I stand at a dark corner of the glorious space, listening to the cheers, the BOOMZ*, and the rest of it.

For one moment, I wondered why they're so happy. with 2010, it's one year gone, one year past, one year less to live. sure it's a new year, i just didn't get the "happy" part. its a O-LEVEL year for goodness' sake. Why, exactly WHY should I feel happy? Screw O-levels. Screw it all.

Whatever the reason was, I don't feel like finding out.





Happy New Year everyone~





it's MUGGING time.




*no reference to Ris Low whatsoever.

Followers